For all kenshi (Kendo practioners) there are many principles and rules that must be learned to master the art of Kendo. Most are learned through practice and experience, and others through study. Below are guides and videos that give short summaries of each of the concepts. For in-depth information, please refer to recommended further reading.
- New Student Handbook • PDF
- Basics of practice in a Kendo Dojo – Hiro Imafuji • VIDEO
- “Do your feet look like this” Footwork handout, SCKF • PDF
- “GET A GRIP” How to hold a Shinai handout, SCKF• PDF
- Footwork and Blisters handout• PDF
- Kata handout, SCKF• PDF